Frequently Asked Colorado Divorce Questions
Colorado Divorce: (See Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 14, Article 10)
The experienced Denver divorce attorneys at Plog & Stein, P.C. are frequently asked various questions regarding Colorado divorce. Each case is unique and can entail a wide array of contested issues, including custody, property division, and maintenance (alimony). Each court is different, too. A Douglas County divorce case may have different outcomes from one in Denver. Despite any differences, the potential issues remain relatively constant. Below are a few of the frequently asked divorce questions. From time to time, our experienced divorce attorneys will update these with new questions for your information.Learn About Your Rights & Options Below.
- Can I remain on my husband’s health insurance once we are divorced?
- Can I take my kids to Disneyland while the divorce case is going on?
- I live in Colorado and my wife lives in another state, can I get a divorce here?
- What is the parenting class and do I have to take it?
- I’m Getting Divorce and haven’t Worked in 15 Years. Do I have to look for job?
- Can I appeal the court's final orders in my divorce?
- How long do we have to wait for the court to make the divorce final?
- If we agree on everything, do we have to go to court?
- In a divorce case, how do courts generally deal with dividing furniture and household items?
- Is there a court fee for filing divorce?
- What is a non-appearance affidavit?
- What is formal discovery?
- What is the difference between a judge and a magistrate, and who will hear my divorce case?
- What is the initial status conference in a divorce case?
- What issues does the court decide?
- I was Served With Divorce Papers. Do I Have to Move out of the House?
- How do I get my maiden name back?
- How long do I have to reside in Colorado to file for divorce?
- I live in Colorado and my wife lives in Texas. Can I file for divorce here?
- We lived in Colorado for 5 years. A year ago my husband left the state to Virginia, while the children and I stayed here. Can I file for divorce here?
- My wife moved from Colorado to Washington three years ago and has filed for divorce there. Do I need a Colorado or Washington attorney?
- How long does the divorce process take?
- I don’t know how to find my husband. Can I still get divorced?
- My wife didn’t disclose a stock account at the time of our divorce. What can I do?
- What are the initial steps for filing divorce?
- What do I do when my spouse won’t cooperate with signing papers to get our divorce done?
- When is my divorce official?
- Can a court throw out (vacate) my separation agreement?
- If I have a decree of legal separation, can I change that to be divorced?
- What is the difference between legal separation and divorce?