Frequently Asked Colorado Child Support Questions
Colorado Child Support: (See Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 14, Article 10, Section 115)
Have questions about child support? Over the years, the Denver divorce attorneys at Plog & Stein, P.C. have dealt with questions regarding all aspects of child support cases. Below are some of those commonly asked questions people have posed to us, including some related to establishment, modification, and enforcement of child support orders. We hope you find this information useful as you decide to move forward with your child support needs.Become Informed About Your Child Support Rights!
Child Support Amounts
- Can I get interest on back child support owed to me?
- Can the court make me pay for college?
- Can the court use my wife's income for calculating child support?
- Does my husband owe child support from when we separated?
- How do social security payments to the children affect child support?
- How is child support determined?
- Have the child support guideline amounts gone up?
- My kids live with me most of the time and my ex pays child support. Do I get to claim them for taxes?
- Will the court use my bonus or commission as part of my income for child support?
- I’m Owed Back Child Support. What Is a Verified Entry of Support Judgment?
Child Support and Custody
- I am the primary custodial parent for my one year old daughter. Do I have to work for child support purposes?
- I have physical custody, do I get to claim the kids for taxes?
- If we have 50/50 parenting time, do I have to pay child support?
- My ex-husband is not letting me see the kids. Can I just quit paying child support?
- My orders say 50/50 custody and no child support, but my 14-year-old has moved in full-time with my ex-wife. Does that change my child support?
Collection of Child Support
- Can my employer charge me for garnishing child support from my pay check?
- My ex-husband is being garnished for child support. In some months, the full amount isn’t taken out. Why?
- My ex-wife wants a wage assignment for child support. What can I do?
- What’s the maximum percent that can be garnished from my pay for child support?
Modifying Child Support
Terminating Child Support